HomePortfolioTwitter

Top Secret Project Stuff

Posted on by David Turner

Spent my day working away on one of those top secret projects I’ve got… the paying variety for once. Got the basic shell of the theme up and running, looking very nice too. I’d post a screenshot of it but, but I’m not 100% sure that I’m allowed to, so I’ll leave it for a later date.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

HTML Wireframe from my post earlier today. Only partially completed at this point.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

A little big of wire framing going on with my major project. Currently converting from rough sketch to a HTML based layout.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Progress has been made with my #IMD Facebook App. Leaves a lot to be desired in terms of loading times and looks… but it actually works… which is a start, right?

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Today’s post follows on from yesterday’s post, which covered the front half of my business card design. Today looks at the back side of my design, which provides a limited amount of information about myself. Twitter Name and website url.

It’s times like this that I wish I were able to get a twitter ID that related better with my domain. Such is life though.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

I’m sure that someone out there has noticed that I haven’t been updating my Daily Design Blog a whole lot over the last few days. That would be the fault of the events taking place around the Build Conference that took place this week. As a result I’ve not had a whole hell of a lot of time to design anything this week, having instead been learning from some fantastic people.

As such I’m writing off the last 4 days of posts. Fortunately I’ve double posted a few other times and, as a result, I will still have made at least 365 posts by the end of the year.

Today’s post is the first in a two parter due to me working on my business card. Tomorrow will have the other side of the card posted up.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Part of a blog post I’m working on covering my Major Project’s logo, as starring the logo and some treatments.

Permalink

Markdown => Markdown Extra

Posted on by David Turner

I’ve been looking for a way to add a few more pieces of functionality to my CMS. I decided to check out Markdown Extra, which provides a pretty awesome selection of extra functionality to the basis of Markdown, without taking it away.

I’ve already found the functionality of Markdown Extra to make my life much easier.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Added a syntax highlighter to my Markdown powered CMS so I can better show off code.

Permalink

SubPages in my Markdown CMS

Posted on by David Turner

I’ve been spending some time working on my CMS to add a bit more functionality. Got subpages working now.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

How individual quotes could be styled using a stamp-esque image.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Sketch of how an individual quote might look.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

A possible web page layout for my Major Project.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Expanding on some basic branding sketches for my Major Project.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Some sketching I came up with for my Major Project.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

Part of my image-snap-fest from today’s #lovepaper workshop in Belfast.

Permalink

Image

Posted on by David Turner

Image

And now, by way of a follow up to my earlier post, I’ve just got some kind of Facebook Query Language version up and running, as opposed to relying on the JSON version. Nested queries are making it a bit slow though, so I’ll have to look into that.

Permalink
Pages:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. 16
  17. 17
  18. 18