Been working on my #IMD Major Project recently. Friday saw the launch of the mailing list signup page. People signing up through it will, if all goes according to plan, get early access as well as some other treats.
You can view the site (and sign up for it), here.Permalink
Redesigned and recoded the #IMD WebApp over the past week, to get back into the swing of things with coding Still some fine-tuning needing done, but I’m quite pleased with the improvements, especially in terms of speed.Permalink
A slightly late post relating to how I coped with the final week of the semester. A bit shorter than intended due to severe writer’s block.Permalink
A little bit of image work for the #IMD #liveproject. This is an idea that I’m toying with for the header of the site, which will have a similar visual throughout.
I’m aiming for a hand-made, almost scrapbook-esque, look to the site. This is to tie in with how the charity are directly involved in what they do.Permalink
A Project I’ve been working on recently. Probably one of the most beautiful cases of div-itis I have ever worked on. You should definitely check it out.Permalink
It may well have been noticed by the people who read my 365 Design Blog that I haven’t really been doing much on it of late. Over the course of the past year I have worked on some pretty cool things and posted up some truly awful pieces of work. For the past while I’ve been posting little bits and pieces up here and there and I don’t really think I’ve been doing this site justice.
As such I’ve decided to reassess things with the aim of finishing on the same note that I started off… enthusiasm and motivation to actually show things to the people that have followed me or that look in periodically. As it stands I haven’t quite met with my ‘daily’ design goal for this project but, courtesy of the days where I have posted up more than one article, I am currently sitting on 344 posts. One of these was an announcement that I would be working on this blog, leaving me with a total of 22 posts outstanding, whilst I draft this post.
This leaves me with a total of 21 posts left to get me to the total of 365 that is the ultimate goal of this blog. And I’m determined to make them something special for the people that follow me here and on the Twitterwebs as @HerrWulf. So, the next 21 posts after this won’t be dull sketches. There may be some sketches if I produce something awesome, something that I feel would fit with my aims for these posts, but I expect many of them to be images, code snippits or links to blog posts and projects I have been involved with.Permalink
Site Sketch for #liveproject.Permalink
Logo Ideas for #liveprojectPermalink
Mindmap for #liveprojectPermalink
Another late #IMD post regarding the #liveproject.Permalink
Blog post that’s been uploaded a little bit late. More to follow later today of a similar nature.Permalink
Spent some time today chatting with the developer of the Kiwi Twitter App. Started tweaking some of the pre-existing themes for the app to better suit my needs. It’s proving surprisingly fun.Permalink
Wireframe related to my major project.Permalink
Just a little bit more on my Facebook. I’ve finally gotten the functionality perfect. Unfortunately the actual loading time of the app is exponentially poor, taking longer to load the more friends a user has.
Why? It’s quite simple. For each friend listed there are a series of queries run. These queries equal to the number of friends you have, to check and see which of them are common friends. As a result of this a user with 10 friends will run 100 queries (10 friends, 10 queries each) and a friend with 20 friends will run 400 queries (20 friends, 20 queries each).
As you can imagine this gets pretty insane when you get pretty high up there with friends. A user with 500 friends run 250,000 queries (500 friends, 500 queries each), which is just insane. If anyone has a suggestion on how to make this not so insane I’d love to hear it, as Facebook seems to lack a functionality to identify common friends in bulk.Permalink
Been fighting off a severe case of procrastination and fragmentation of my #IMD related work, having it turn up in places but without it ever getting into my University Blog.
I’ve finally settled down into the process of getting work pulled together and will be working on the more technical side of things over the next few weeks. This will also be juggled with the Live Project (starting tomorrow), the FETm Report and polishing off my Facebook App which, whilst it works, is ridiculously slow.Permalink
This is a sketch that I put together in class yesterday, by the way of procrastination in my class. I found it shockingly therapeutic. Might play around with this kind of sketching some more in the future.Permalink
Spent some time procrastinating on my own work today, ended up messing about with some CSS to come up with some branding ideas for one of my friends.Permalink